by Rachel Ogbu
Music producer Don Jazzy is giving away a million naira to the winner of the African Nations Cup theme song competition.
This time the music producer is collaborating with Samsung to produce the official theme song and he’s opened it to the public to find a new star.
The winner doesn’t take all in this commendable offer, the three runner-ups would get N250,000 each.
New artistes from all over the country can enter the competition but they must record their performance of the ‘Journey of a thousand mile’ track on D’Prince’s new album – Frenzy first, then upload to their TruSpot account and share link.
How To Participate:
1. Get and learn the chorus of Track 2 from the “Frenzy” album by D’Prince ft Wande coal and Don Jazzy.
2. Record a video of you singing and performing the chorus (NOTE: You can sing the chorus the way it is or remix it how you like. you can sing it in Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba, French or any African language you know how to speak well. You can sing on the instrumental or without it. You can perform with any instrument you can play too.
3. Create an ARTIST PAGE on TRUSPOT and upload your video. Name your video correctly e.g. “JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES (COMPETITION)” Then share your video link on any social network platform to promote yourself.
Prizes (What’s in for you?)
1. You stand a chance to win N1 million
2. 1st, 2nd and 3rd runner ups get N250,000 each.
3. Winner gets to sing the official theme song for Africa Cup of Nations, produced by Don Jazzy.
4. You could be seen by a record label that might be interested in signing you.
This is an advertorial. To place an advertorial on YNaija, email email@example.com.