by Rachel Ogbu

A father , Saidu Galadima was left devastated after his three children died in a fire disaster at Nakasarin Hardo in Sokoto South Local Government Area of Sokoto State.

According to reports, the fire consumed the house late Saturday night, January 26 while the children slept.

Eyewitnesses explained that neighbours, who rushed to the scene to help save the children Maryam Galadima, 10; Hauwa Galadima, 12; and Bello Galadima, 14, became helpless as the fire raged wild.

Unconfirmed reports claim the fire incident was caused by electrical fault. The children have all been buried in accordance with Islamic rites.

On Sunday, the heart broken father said the incident occurred around 11.30 pm Saturday.

He, however, stated that the cause of the incident could not be ascertained, explaining that all efforts to save the lives of the children was unsuccessful, as they were trapped in the room and subsequently died of suffocation. He described the tragedy as a trial from God and prayed for the repose of the soul of the deceased.

He said officials of the Fire Service were alerted about the incident and they succeeded in putting off the fire.

 

 

You may also like YNaija stories like: